Monday, August 14, 2006

Leonardo Comes Knocking

So there I was on Friday night, just minding my own business while waiting to head out to the Golden Light to see one of my favorite Texas bands, the Thriftstore Cowboys, when there was a knock on my door. I didn't see anyone through the peephole, so I opened the door, only to find this:


Turns out, it was my friend Janet, her husband Phillip and my co-worker Sue. This was there idea of fun on a Friday night -- going to Wal-Mart at 9 p.m. to buy a clearance-racked Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costume. Note the split on the hip: It's a kid's costume, though certainly Janet came close to fitting it it -- closer than I ever could.


That's Janet, Sue and Phillip, relaxing on my couch. As you do when you're wearing a Leonardo costume (with full shell on the back, mind you).


Leonardo's a little warm. Oh yeah, that's a snake. One to take on a plane, of course.


This is when Janet running out the door when she realized I was getting photos of her face. I told her no one would see them. Which, considering my readership levels, is probably accurate. Posted by Picasa

No comments: